At 11:30 AM 1/10/2003 -0800, Burke, William F (Bill) wrote:
Here's where I get to ask the most likely simple question.

I've inherited a database where it was built using a CLOB to hold XML data
but we have now determined that was total overkill and want to move it to a
RAW column or other suitable datatype.

Looking for conversion issues or other alternatives.

Since Oracle is moving us away from LONG and RAW datatypes, I assume
you want to convert from CLOB to BLOB?  BLOB is probably more storage-efficient,
but since XML is made up of character data, I don't really understand the issue with
keeping it a CLOB.

 What do you mean by overkill?