Some of the system views have a lot going on under the covers, and
sometimes don't act the way you would expect.

Compare ALL_TABLES and DBA_TABLES sometime.

They work pretty much the same from the command line for a user
that has DBA privs.

In a stored procedure however, ALL_TABLES suddenly becomes
very restrictive due to this bit of code in the view:

       or /* user has system privileges */
         exists (select null from v$enabledprivs
                 where priv_number in (-45 /* LOCK ANY TABLE */,
                                       -47 /* SELECT ANY TABLE */,
                                       -48 /* INSERT ANY TABLE */,
                                       -49 /* UPDATE ANY TABLE */,
                                       -50 /* DELETE ANY TABLE */)
                 )
      )

Jared

"Hately, Mike (NESL-IT)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 01/14/2003 08:44 AM
 Please respond to ORACLE-L