From: BigP [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 17 January 2003 01:29
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L
Subject: one datafile lost.

Just wondering what will happen in this condition .

supposse I have two tablespaces data_large and data_small . with datafiles data_large01.dbf and data_small01.dbf . some transactions affects tables in both tablespaces . Now one day I lost data_small01.dbf data files . I thought of recovering that data file from one day old backup .
when I recover this data data file , will oracle maintain transactio consistency for all transaction happened today . becuase data_large01.dbf is up to date . but data_small01.dbf is one day old . will oracle keep this in mind while applying archived logs at the time of recovery .