any more, a system without perl is hardly a system at all.

it's kind of like a system without a shell.

Jared

"Post, Ethan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 01/17/2003 11:50 AM
 Please respond to ORACLE-L

        To:     Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
        cc:
        Subject:        RE: Minutes Since Midnight 2000

Yeah that would work if I want to use the database but I try to write
things
in such a way that I can use them in other places and share them with
other
non-DBA types, thus the reason I am not using Perl or GNU date.  Oracle-L
has some very good *nix scripters so that is why I posted it here, I get
faster better responses then many of the *nix lists.  Thanks for
suggestion.

- E