If you run the second script you will get the CPU utilization (whatever
that means) per SID.  In your case SIDs 1-6 are the ones that you're
interested in.  The NT Task Manager will only show you ORACLE.EXE.  It
doesn't show the embedded threads.

                      "Koivu, Lisa"

                      <Lisa.Koivu              To:      Multiple recipients of list
ORACLE-L <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                      @efairfield.com>         cc:

                      Sent by: root            Subject: RE: 100% CPU utilization,
urgent

                      01/20/2003 10:36

                      AM

                      Please respond

                      to ORACLE-L

Thomas, thanks for your post.

However I don't see where I can match the threads on NT to what I see in
Task Manager.  Am I missing something?

To be more explicit, here's what I've got:

SQL> select * from dba_nt_threads;

ID_THREAD B NAME        SID    SERIAL# USERNAME
STATUS   OSUSER
--------- - ----- --------- ---------- ------------------------------
-------- --------
3144      1 PMON          1          1
ACTIVE   SYSTEM
2436      1 DBW0          2          1
ACTIVE   SYSTEM
2972      1 LGWR          3          1
ACTIVE   SYSTEM
3172      1 CKPT          4          1
ACTIVE   SYSTEM
2976      1 SMON          5          1
ACTIVE   SYSTEM
3380      1 RECO          6          1
ACTIVE   SYSTEM
2840                     11       1973 LISA
ACTIVE   lkoivu2
900                      12          2 DBSNMP
INACTIVE SYSTEM

8 rows selected.

I see no processes in task manager that correspond to any of the numbers
listed in ID_THREAD.  In fact my sessions script used to reference spid,
but I took it out because I couldn't make sense of it on Windows.

Thanks for any insight.

Lisa Koivu
Oracle Dogbarf Cleanerupper
Fairfield Resorts, Inc.