When you bring up a database, a combination of the
ORACLE_SID and ORACLE_HOME environment variables are
hashed to a key and stored in memory.  When you
attempt to connect to the database, this hash key is
verified.

Therefore your current environment for ORACLE_SID and
ORACLE_HOME must match EXACTLY the environment of the
user that brought up the database.  Exactly down to
every single slash and upper/lower case character.

Check your current environment for these variables to
insure that they matche exactly the environment when
the database came up.

Good luck!

Barb

http://mailplus.yahoo.com