Jared

"Weiss, Rick" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 01/28/2003 09:08 AM
 Please respond to ORACLE-L

        To:     Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
        cc:
        Subject:        RE: Case of the Missing Rows

Dan:

Thanks, I think I got through it, here's what I've found (explanations
would be greatly appreciated)

1) Created table as before from Designer/2000 scripts with indexes and
constraints
2) SQLLDR to create initial data list
3) SELECT COUNT(*) FROM TB - yields 88640 rows
4) RENAME TB TO TB_HOLD (takes indexes along)
5) SELECT COUNT(*) FROM TB_HOLD - yields only 87257 rows (ahhh nuts)
6) TRUNCATE TABLE TB_HOLD
7) CREATE TB AS SELECT * FROM TB_HOLD - two empty tables
8) SQLLDR into TB
9) SELECT COUNT(*) FROM TB - yields 88640 rows
10) INSERT INTO TB_HOLD (SELECT * FROM TB) - inserts 88640 rows
11) ANALYZE both tables COMPUTE STATISTICS
12) SELECT COUNT(*) FROM TB - yields 88640 rows
13) SELECT COUNT(*) FROM TB - yields 88640 rows
14) EXP - both tables now export 88640 rows

What in the world is going on??

Great puzzler for the group to mull over

No jobs scheduled except for RMAN level 0 on Friday mornings@ 5:30 and
other daily level 1 cumulatives and a weekly full DB export on Fridays @
2:30

Rick Weiss