Has anyone run into this problem...

I created a standby database using RMAN and have found that there is an
archiving location defined for this standby database,
log_archive_dest_11 which points to the $ORACLE_HOME/dbs directory.  I
didn't define a logging destination 11 and there isn't one defined in my
primary database.  So, how was it created?

And, how can it be changed or removed?  I've tried "alter system set
log_archive_dest_11='LOCATION=/new/path/arch';", but that statement
fails with an ORA-02065, illegal option.  I've also tried to modify this
in a pfile, but Oracle won't let me generate an spfile from a pfile with
the 'log_archive_dest_11' option set - says it is invalid.

I've posted to the metalink forums, but no reponse yet.  If anyone dealt
with this, I'd appreciate your advice on either redefining or removing
this archiving destination.

Thanks, Glenn

--
Glenn Stauffer