    -----Original Message-----
    From:   Charu Joshi [SMTP:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]

    Hello Listers,

    How to find out the COUNT of DISTINCT values of multiple columns?

    For eg.

    SQL> SELECT DISTINCT ename FROM emp;
    -- This works.

    SQL> SELECT COUNT(DISTINCT ename) FROM emp;
    -- So does this.

    SQL> SELECT DISTINCT ename, job FROM emp;
    -- And this too.

    SQL> SELECT COUNT(DISTINCT ename, job) FROM emp;
    -- So why does this fail?

    I can do a COUNT(DISTINCT ename || job), but that doesn't seem to be elegant
    way of doing it.

    I have a feeling I might be missing some fairly basic syntax, but feeling
    dumb is better than suspense.

    Thanks & regards,
    Charu.