Hi Kirti:

THe algorithm is slightly differnt in 9i. In 8i SMON queries the
dictionary (dba_tab_modifications) in once in 3 hours to get the stale
stats, and then the stats are flushed to the dictionary from the SGA
and the dictionary is updated . The operation is reverse in 9i. THe
stats are written to dictionary from SGA once in 15 minutes and then
the tables are examined to get the stale stats.

Metalink note 102334.1 has some details..

Best Regards,
K Gopalakrishnan
Bangalore, INDIA

--- "Deshpande, Kirti" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Gopal,
>
> I should have waited a bit longer..
> It was about 12 minutes, when I replied...
>
> Okay, I will test it out tomorrow..
> It's getting late :(
>
> Now, go eat your lunch.. it's about lunch time for you... :)
>
> Regards,
>
> - Kirti

=====
Have a nice day !!