I am looking to add a unix box to my collection of wintel machines at home. It will be used solely for running/testing Oracle, so I don't need bells & whistles. My thoughts are either Linux/intel or Sun Ultra workstation. While it would be convenient to be able to network it into a DSL configuration, it is not essential. My original thought was a Linux desktop, but I can also get Ultra 5 or 10 workstations on ebay for less than $500.

Anyone having experience good/bad/ugly for this type of task? All tips, challenges, things to consider are greatly appreciated.

Dan Fink