-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, January 30, 2003 10:10 AM
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L

On Thu, 30 Jan 2003, Gogala, Mladen wrote:

> Yeah! Put it in Oracle*Names.

Will it make a difference?  Does a dispatcher really re-query Names
every time it tries to make a connection?  No caching of service
addresses?  You promise?

Off I go to convert my 300-instance organization to rely on a single
point of failure and make a bunch more calls for every connect...

YEEHAW!  Oh wait.  Names can't handle multiple interface and or
distinct allocation of certain clients to certain
listeners/interfaces.  Oh well, and I thought I was going to have an
exciting weekend.  Guess its back to that Rubik's cube.

--
Jeremiah Wilton
http://www.speakeasy.net/~jwilton

Author: Jesse, Rich