This question is Discoverer/Jinitiator/Internet related but I'm hoping
someone has a suggestion....

We have Discoverer Plus 4i available to our clients through the
Internet.  Most of them can download Jinitiator (1.1.8.11) and run
Discoverer without a problem (once their firewall is open).  One of our
clients uses proxy automatic configuration (PAC) files, their PCs are
locked down and are not able to access the Internet directly.  They can
download and install Jinitiator off our web site.  In the Java Console
the proxies tab is set to 'Use browser settings'.  When they try to run
Discoverer it attempts to connect to our server instead of going through
their proxy servers.  This direct connection causes Discoverer to fail.

Any idea how we can fix the problem on our end?  I assume we can't hard
code a proxy server (i.e. http_proxy) since it's not our's.  We can't
make any changes that would affect other clients (different web pages,
Jinitiator versions, etc. may be possible).  Would an upgrade of
Jinitiator help?  Unfortunately I haven't been able to find anything
useful on Metalink or on the Internet.

TIA

Linda
Author: Seley, Linda