Hi  All,

This conversation didn't start out in dealing with educational institutions, it
started out as a group that wants to use it to make money.

Oracle is making every effort to work with legitimate education institutions.  The
Oracle Academic Initiative does exactly what you describe.  Institutions pay  a
small fee (500.00 I think) they are have access to ALL Oracle Software for use in
instruction.  They also have access to Oracle University Curriculum if desired.

more information can be found at:
http://oai.oracle.com

Regards,
John

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Quoting DENNIS WILLIAMS <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

Richard - How do you think the Oracle Education division would
react to this
proposal? ;-)
   Never underestimate the power of corporate politics. But
seriously a
large organization succeeds to the extent that it can look at the
long-term
good of the organization. Overall I think Oracle Corp. has a pretty
good
track record in this respect, and that has contributed to its
excellent
growth. Who knows, maybe Oracle will consider your idea. It seems
that
Microsoft has a different business model for education. I don't
think
Microsoft teaches any classes directly, but just certifies
training
organizations and instructors.

The point here is to allow people easier access to Oracle knowledge,
through courses you can pick up at your local community college.

What Oracle is doing right now is stifling this.