Bob,

the best thing I can offer is the following:

set lines 150
set pages 2000
set trimspool on
select 'grant insert on ' || table_name || ' to Guest_Role;'
from user_tables
/

Create the role named in the script (or change the role name to the actual
Oracle username) and grant the role to the user.

Run it from the schema where the tables exist.  Spool the output to a .sql
file and run the resulting file back thru sqlplus.

You may also want to create either public or private synonyms for the user
to make their life a little easier.

I like Roles better than assigning stuff directly to the user - just easier
to manage.

good luck!

Tom Mercadante
Oracle Certified Professional