From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of Gene Sais
Sent: Friday, February 14, 2003 9:59 AM
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L
Subject: RMAN & BCV/Flashcopy Question?

I plan on using a product from IBM called Flashcopy, similar to EMC's BCV (third mirror).  Typically, I put the tablespaces in hot backup via scripting before splitting the third mirror.  How can RMAN be used in a similar fashion?  Can RMAN put the db in a hot backup state so the third mirror can be split and then backed up to tape?

Thanks,
Gene