{I can't remember the exact title of my previous email --
it is on my home PC and I am at work right now}

I had asked about options for backups when running
heterogenous environments [eg HP and Sun Database
Servers with DBs on FileSystems] in a single SAN.

We had a meeting with Sun and their local dealer
and Hitachi wich actually suppies the HDS 9XXX
storage systems to Sun.  I identified these options
at the end of the meetings
1.  Tape library connected to both Sun and HP servers
[SCSI connection]
2.  Add a backup server for each OS in to the SAN
[e.g. one backup server for Sun file-systems, another
for HP file-systems]
3.  Backup over the Network [standard Veritas Netbackup
client and server]
4.  Tape library directly on the SAN switch via FC
and using Veritas NetBackup Shared Storage Option
to share the tape library and yet do LAN-free backups.

My thanks to all those who replied earlier.
Hemant K Chitale
http://hkchital.tripod.com
Author: Hemant K Chitale