        17     256000      64000

The result must be oracle blocks

Chaim

[EMAIL PROTECTED]@fatcity.com on 02/21/2003 02:09:39 PM

Please respond to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Sent by:    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

To:    Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
cc:

That feature is not available until 8.0 or 8i, forget which.

Jared

"Sam Bootsma" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 02/21/2003 07:44 AM
 Please respond to ORACLE-L

        To:     Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
        cc:
        Subject:        Autoextend on Oracle 7.3.4.5.0

We are running Oracle 7.3.4.5.0 on an IBM/AIX RISC System/6000: Version
2.3.4.0.0.

I know there is SQL that allows setting a data file to auto extend.  I am
trying to find out where in the data dictionary you can find out whether a
data file is set to auto-extend or not.  In later versions of Oracle (8,
8i, 9i) there is an autoextensible column in dba_data_files that provides
this information.  However, this column does not exist on Oracle 7.3.4:

SQL> desc dba_data_files
 Name                            Null?    Type
 ------------------------------- -------- ----
 FILE_NAME                                VARCHAR2(257)
 FILE_ID                                  NUMBER
 TABLESPACE_NAME                          VARCHAR2(30)
 BYTES                                    NUMBER
 BLOCKS                                   NUMBER
 STATUS                                   VARCHAR2(9)

SQL>

Can anybody tell me how I can determine (from the data dictionary, not by
experimenting) whether an Oracle 7.3.4 data file is set to auto-extend?

Thank-you,

SB