If you are after the n'th degree performance then the:

for x in (select ... )

will be minisculely faster (simply because its
slightly less code and plsql is interpreted).  And
unless I have a particular need for the cursor
%attributes, or the cursor needs to be passed around I
prefer the sql directly in the for-loop.  I don't have
to hunt up through the procedure/package to find the
cursor definition, and (subjectively) I find it easier
to read.

hth
connor

 --- Tim Gorman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: > Both use
cursors, but a FOR loop is more concise
> coding.  Technically, they
> are exactly equivalent;  the differences are just
> stylistic...

=====
Connor McDonald
web: http://www.oracledba.co.uk
web: http://www.oaktable.net
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

"GIVE a man a fish and he will eat for a day. But TEACH him how to fish, and...he will
sit in a boat and drink beer all day"

http://uk.my.yahoo.com
Author: =?iso-8859-1?q?Connor=20McDonald?=