Title: RE: security alerts #48, 49, 50, 51 - patchsets, 9i

Guys,

Have some complicated 3rd party software and a number of databases all within firewalls.  I am considering (since plans in w9orks for migration to 9i latest release) to wait on applying the patches until after the 9i migration.  Especially, since these patches are not part of a comprehensive patchset thus not integrated testing.  Also, the doc. for the patchsets says don't install any other patchset - geez!!!  Should I apply these patches in 8.1.7.4 just to turn around and apply them again after a migration to 9i?  Seems like a waste.  Any ideas?