All-

I am researching the technology of the Internet Directory.  Does anyone
have experience with this?  I am currently using tnsnames files on all
my boxes, I am running on Unix.  I realize this directory would replace
the tnsnames files but lots of confusion on how it works.

1.  Would the directory be able to give users authentication to
different instances on the same box with multiple logins?

2.  I assume the directory will allow the user to go between physical
boxes but will it know what instance to go to and the security of the
user coming in?

3.  Once this directory is in place, can tnsnames be used at the same
time or does it have to be one or the other?

4.  Also, since this directory is LDAP compliant can this directory be
replaced by another LDAP compliant directory of my choice?  Assuming the
necessary attributes were include.

Just a few thoughts and concerns.

Any info would be great.

Thanks,