Mike,
   Check the setting for undo_management. It needs to be set to MANUAL.

mike mon wrote:

I am create database on ORACLE 9iR2 and fail on create
rollback segment.

SQL> create tablespace rollback_space datafile
2 '/u4/oradata/TRAN/rbs01TRAN.dbf' size 800M 3 default storage (
4 initial 256k
5 next 256k
6 pctincrease 0
7 minextents 8
9 );

Tablespace created.

SQL>
SQL> REM * Create rollback segments.
SQL> REM *
SQL> create rollback segment rollback_1 tablespace
rollback_space
 2       storage (initial 256K next 256k minextents
20 optimal 5M);
create rollback segment rollback_1 tablespace
rollback_space
*
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-01552: cannot use system rollback segment for
non-system tablespace
'ROLLBACK_SPACE'

SQL> create rollback segment rollback_2 tablespace rollback_space 2 storage (initial 256K next 256k minextents 20 optimal 5M); create rollback segment rollback_2 tablespace rollback_space * ERROR at line 1: ORA-01552: cannot use system rollback segment for non-system tablespace 'ROLLBACK_SPACE'

Those script used to work under ORACLE 8i.

Does anyone know why?

Thanks.

http://webhosting.yahoo.com

-- Daniel W. Fink http://www.optimaldba.com

IOUG-A Live! April 27 - May 1, 2003 Orlando, FL
  Sunday, April 27 8:30am - 4:30pm - Problem Solving with Oracle 9i SQL
  Wednesday, May 1 1:00pm - 2:00pm - Automatic Undo Internals

-- Please see the official ORACLE-L FAQ: http://www.orafaq.net -- Author: Daniel W. Fink INET: [EMAIL PROTECTED]