Dick,

you are right. i don't need Ansi C or Microfocus cobol if i am not using Pro*C or
Pro*Cobol.
the bundled C compile is sufficient for oracle installation.

but i am not sure about OnlineJFS and HpUX Disk Mirroring license

base vxfs is good enough, if extra features not required.
but maybe i need Disk mirroring for the internal disks for root and swap.
i would have two internal 18GB Hot Plug Ultra SCSI Low Pro Drive.
is this enough for the root/swap for hp 11i.
is mirroring required for the internal disks?
do we need extra license for that?
is glanceplus a necessity for passive standby database server?

any additional hp 11i software required?

any inputs?

thanks
Mandar

Author: Mandar A. Ghosalkar