Dick,

> base vxfs is good enough, if extra features not required.
if the business allows regular downtimes, and if not 24x7x365 then online filesystem
changes not reqd.

> but maybe i need Disk mirroring for the internal disks for
> root and swap.
> i would have two internal 18GB Hot Plug Ultra SCSI Low Pro Drive.
> is this enough for the root/swap for hp 11i.
2*18gb is enough for OS and swap (after searching in hp docs)

> is mirroring required for the internal disks?
mirroring of OS is reqd for a good night sleep :-)

> do we need extra license for that?
yes, license reqd for MirrorUX from HP

> is glanceplus a necessity for passive standby database server?
it would be on prod server. and i would like the standby server to have the same
config as the primary.
so i would end up buying that too.

Author: Mandar A. Ghosalkar