I'm trying to setup the sendmail feature ldap_routing using Oracle Internet Directory (OID)for the LDAP server.

There is a matching rule in the sendmail schema called
caseExactIA5SubstringsMatch not doesn't exist in OID.

Has anyone found a way to resolve this problem?

I opened a tar with Oracle and was basically told 'to bad, use openldap'.

Matching rules are part of the basic Oracle OID schema and it is not possible to add new or modify existing matching rules that are part of the schema. If you want to use sendmail with LDAP you will need to use something like openldap that does support the required matching rules you need.

The caseExactIA5SubstringsMatch matching rule has not been coded into the OID schema up to this point because there has not been a requirement for it.

You can create an enhancement request to have this added into OID by accessing http://ers.oracle.com.

Peter Johnson, DBA Humboldt State University [EMAIL PROTECTED] 707-826-6122

Those that can give up essential liberty
to obtain a little temporary safety
deserve neither liberty nor safety
- Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Author: Peter Johnson