--- mike mon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: > We have ORACLE
9ir2 on SUN Solaris.  We plan to use
> Java on ORACLE very soon and need you help.
>
> 1. how to check the database we have is "java enable"?

  connect as system/sys and
  SQL> desc dbms_java

> 2. If database on "java enable", which files we need
> run to make it "java" enable"?

  $OH/javavm/install/initjvm.sql (no need to do if you
  are able to describe as above (Check readme files in
  the dir/subdir under $OH/javavm)

> 3. on init.ora file their has a entry call
> "java_pool_size = ????".  What value should I put in
> there?

  Put min.50Mb. If not
  "alter java class <classname> resolve" will give errors
  and the java class(es) will show invalid.

> 4. except "java_pool_size = ??", does their has other
> entry we need put on "init.ora" file to support JAVA?

  Keep shared_pool_size to min 50Mb.

  HTH
  GovindanK

http://uk.my.yahoo.com