From: DENNIS WILLIAMS <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Ramesh
My assumption was that you were considering hiring a remote DBA service.
If you are talking about managing your own server remotely, that is a
different issue.
For that, the first question is whether the platform of your server is
Unix or Windows. For Unix, pretty much everything is remote anyway. I rarely
need physical access to the server. It matters little whether the server is
in the next room or on the other side of the world.
Now, if you are on a Windows platform, it matters which Windows version
(NT vs. 2000). I have little experience with remotely managing Oracle on a
Windows platform, but I'm sure someone on the list does it.

I do both platforms, my recommendation is OpenSSH + VNC, they work great, they're free, and they're available for both platforms.

Chris Berry
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Systems Administrator
JM Associates

"Without change, something sleeps inside us, and seldom awakens. The sleeper must awaken." -- Duke Leto Atreides

Author: Chris Berry