As much as I prefer the command line do it yourself approach, I did have
one
occasion recently where I did use the GUI, and it worked fine.

In the process of upgrading several 8.0.4 databases to 8.1.7, I had
trouble with
one database.  Sorry, can't recall the details, but I went over the
checklist several
times and am fairly sure I did all the steps correctly.

For some reason, that one would not upgrade.  ( As I said, don't recall
the error
that was occurring. )

Used the GUI, upgrade without a problem.

All the others were done via command line, not sure why that one was a
problem, but
the GUI seemed to know something not included in the manual method.

Kind of like the (unofficial) Bond movie, "Never Say Never Again".  :)

Jared

Freeman Robert - IL <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 05/28/2003 10:20 AM