Have a look at rman which is part of the Oracle installation.  You should be able to do any kind of backup you want with this product.

Regards,
Ruth
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, May 30, 2003 8:25 AM
Subject: Oracle Data Backup

Hello list,

         I am using Oracle 8.1.6 I want to take Back-Up of Application Data at the end of the Day.
Which is the best suitable option for backup? any directory (for eg: c:\oracle\ora81\rdbms) where from i can take it directly ? like in unix we have directory where all the tables/indexes are located and we need to give that path for backup and the tables/indexes/data are backed Up.

Ideas are welcome URGENTLY

Thanks and regards,
Santosh

Upgrade Your Email - Click here!