Title: Re: 32 to 64 Bit Upgrade -- need info
Munish,

Essentially, you can use the same datafiles, controlfiles, and redologfiles.  All of the PL/SQL has to be recompiled (including STANDARD and DBMS_STANDARD, which makes the task something of a chicken-and-egg situation)...

Short story:  you need to set the parameters “aq_tm_processes” to 0 and “_system_trig_enabled” to FALSE and then run the script “utlirp.sql”, which resides in the directory “$ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/admin” in your software distribution.

Longer story:  read the MetaLink note on the topic (don’t have the number, but search on keyword “utlirp.sql”) and be aware that the package UTL_RECOMP has a parallel option in addition to the default serial option.  You may not have a problem with the elapsed time in most situations, but I did it with OraApps R11i, and it took 7 hours serially!

Hope this helps...

-Tim