What platform is this on?
On some UNIX platforms the file header for the raw device may vary in size. (It has
been a while
since I dealt with raw devices). You may have to use seek= option (dd command) to skip
the header
bytes before actually writing the data using 'dd'.

Or just call Oracle Support.

- Kirti

http://sbc.yahoo.com
Author: Kirtikumar Deshpande