----- Original Message -----
To: "Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, July 15, 2003 7:34 PM

> Could you maybe use v$session.osuser instead of program?  That way you
shouldn't even have to rename the exe.

> HTH,
>
> -Roy
>
> Roy Pardee
> Programmer/Analyst/DBA
> SWFPAC Lockheed Martin IT
> Extension 8487

executable has a different name
> use program in v$session in a logon trigger to get the customer
> hit a lookup table to see which schema to use
> execute immediate to set that up.
>
> thanks.

engineering group that is seperate from the database group. Its not
scalable. So Im trying to come up with a more scalable method. I have no
power to change their gui. It rides on the database. I have to live with it.
This is not a high enough transaction database to warrant seperate
instances.

> We have a variety of customers. Each of them has their own versions of
data. However, the schema is exactly the same. These tables can get huge, so
we dont want to throw them all into the same schema.

> Right now, due to the fact that the GUI has a series of logins that are
the same across clients, each client has its own instance. This isnt very
scalable as we get more business. We have to create another instance and
ingest data to it.

> Id like to find a way to get all the clients in the same instance with
just different schemas and tablespaces. One thing I may have control over
would be to slightly rename the executable. If you check v$session, in a
client-server application the name of the product connecting to the database
is recording. I can handle security based off of that.

> My question is what would be the best way? Cant do synonyms for this since
its the same login. I think I saw somewhere that there is a session based
'set' command where you can say use this schema. I think it was on asktom
and in reference to a question about public synonyms. I cant find it. Anyone
know it?

> Also is it viable to base a context off of what is in v$sesion with a
logon trigger? How would I 'redirect' all queries to a specific schema?

Author: Ryan