If you ran dbverify with the database up, it's very likely that
there is nothing wrong with the datafiles.

If dbv reads a block in transition, it will appear corrupt.

Run it again, and there will either be no errors, or they will
appear to be in different blocks.

Personally, I think it a colossal waste of time to run dbverify.

In 9 years of DBA'ing, I've experienced maybe 3 or 4 instances
of a corrupt block, and it was always an index.  The solution
was to drop/rebuild the index.

Jared

Stefick Ronald S Contr ESC/HRIDD <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 07/17/2003 07:39 AM
 Please respond to ORACLE-L