It IS efficient. Just click the link
that Jacques provided. Performance measuring
is discussed in the thread.

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 24.07.2003  06.34 Uhr >>>

Scenario = To display a search result for all the employees in a org.

[ Normally the query will retrieve 1000 records (say) ]

1) Query to retrieve just the first 10 of the thousand records
2) Then have a link called "Next" and "Previous" in the Web page .
3) When Link is clicked , for instance when the user click "Next" then show records
from 11-20 ..

Qs. Will the following SQL Query be EFFICIENT for such retrievals w.r.t. Performance
Load ?

Sorry for the incomplete details on front-end as I am located at a different GEO
Location .

Thanks indeed for the responses .