Hi List,

Could you please help me out to resolve this issue?
Basically i have created one stored procedure(show_space) in
SYSTEM schema, then granted execute rights to PUBLIC and created
public synonym.
When i conenct as diff user(MUT) I am not able to execute the
procedure. Any help would be really appreciated.

TIA

SQL> connect system/[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Connected.
SQL> @D:\share\oracle\Asktom\show_space8i.sql
 51  /

Procedure created.

SQL> grant execute on show_space to public;
Grant succeeded.

SQL> create public synonym show_space for show_space;
Synonym created.

SQL> connect mut/[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Connected.

SQL> execute show_space('RW_RFX_HEADER');
BEGIN show_space('RW_RFX_HEADER'); END;

*
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-00942: table or view does not exist
ORA-06512: at "SYS.DBMS_SPACE", line 55
ORA-06512: at "SYSTEM.SHOW_SPACE", line 22
ORA-06512: at line 1

SQL> desc show_space
PROCEDURE show_space
 Argument Name                  Type                    In/Out
Default?
 ------------------------------ ----------------------- ------
--------
 P_SEGNAME                      VARCHAR2                IN
 P_OWNER                        VARCHAR2                IN
DEFAULT
 P_TYPE                         VARCHAR2                IN
DEFAULT

SQL> desc dbms_space
PROCEDURE FREE_BLOCKS
 Argument Name                  Type                    In/Out
Default?
 ------------------------------ ----------------------- ------
--------
 SEGMENT_OWNER                  VARCHAR2                IN
 SEGMENT_NAME                   VARCHAR2                IN
 SEGMENT_TYPE                   VARCHAR2                IN
 FREELIST_GROUP_ID              NUMBER                  IN
 FREE_BLKS                      NUMBER                  OUT
 SCAN_LIMIT                     NUMBER                  IN
DEFAULT
 PARTITION_NAME                 VARCHAR2                IN
DEFAULT
PROCEDURE UNUSED_SPACE
 Argument Name                  Type                    In/Out
Default?
 ------------------------------ ----------------------- ------
--------
 SEGMENT_OWNER                  VARCHAR2                IN
 SEGMENT_NAME                   VARCHAR2                IN
 SEGMENT_TYPE                   VARCHAR2                IN
 TOTAL_BLOCKS                   NUMBER                  OUT
 TOTAL_BYTES                    NUMBER                  OUT
 UNUSED_BLOCKS                  NUMBER                  OUT
 UNUSED_BYTES                   NUMBER                  OUT
 LAST_USED_EXTENT_FILE_ID       NUMBER                  OUT
 LAST_USED_EXTENT_BLOCK_ID      NUMBER                  OUT
 LAST_USED_BLOCK                NUMBER                  OUT
 PARTITION_NAME                 VARCHAR2                IN
DEFAULT
Free multi-lingual web-based and  POP3 email service with a
generous 15MB of storage, a choice of themes for your mailbox,
message filtering, plus spam and virus protection
Sign up now: http://www.gawab.com

Author: Saminathan Seerangan