Title: RE: Computing resource consumption

Thanks Cary,

thanks, but here is a question ... you say capturing physical IO is redundant ... what about REDO  generated by session? Isn't that part of physical writes? If I just concentrate on LIO (I am currently using "Logical IO' (statistic#9 in 9202).

Currently I am concentrating on following statistics to create a matrix

  9 -- session logical reads
 12 -- CPU used by this session
 20 -- session pga memory
 21 -- session pga memory max
 42 -- physical reads
 46 -- physical writes
115 -- redo size
236 -- bytes sent via SQL*Net to client
237 -- bytes received via SQL*Net from client

not sure if all of them will matter in the end, but at-least it is a start for me.

Another problem is capturing the work done by background processes on behalf of these sessions ... how does one go about capturing that workload??

Thanks in advance
Raj
Rajendra dot Jamadagni at nospamespn dot com
All Views expressed in this email are strictly personal.