From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Matthew Zito
Sent: Friday, July 25, 2003 1:54 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L
Subject: RE: RAC - Configuring Disk Coordinator

To answer your questions.....

1) Ideally, yes, though they don't need to be.
2) Absolutely.  Veritas will get very unhappy if it loses access to those disks
3) SCSI-3 Persistent Reservation.  When a node "malfunctions", another node will issue a SCSI-3 reservation against the 3 coordinator disks.  When the broken node tries to access those disks (as it does every few seconds normally) it will be rejected and the box will panic (I'm pretty sure it panics - test it)

Feel free to email me off-list if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
Matt

--
Matthew Zito