Von: Jesse, Rich [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Gesendet: Montag, 28. Juli 2003 16:59
An: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L
Betreff: RE: Oracle and OpenLDAP server

Yes, but it isn't pretty.  Actually, we chose SunOne, but the concept is the
same.  I can't take any credit for it though as the local LDAP expert
employee-turned-consultant figured out how to create the Oracle schema (LDAP
schema, not DB schema).  I don't know the exact details, but I remember that
most of the problem was that the OiD tools don't create LDIFs to RFC
standards.  This means that while you can export the entire Oracle schema
from OiD using ldifwrite, you have to massage the resulting LDIF in order to
make it standards-compliant.  Once you have that LDIF, you can use it to
recreate the schema in OpenLDAP.

We only used (TRIED to use) OiD for Oracle network names resolution (i.e.
instead of ONAMES) and not user authentication.  And at least on 9.0.1 under
Linux, we couldn't get the damn thing stable.  So we dumped OiD in favor of
SunOne for non-Oracle user authentication, and are still using ONAMES for
name resolution.

Rich

[EMAIL PROTECTED]                  Quad/Tech Inc, Sussex, WI USA

Author: Jesse, Rich

Author: Stefan Jahnke