Hi All,

Please help me tune this i/o related wait event. This is my 8.1.6 statspack top-5 wait list:
Top 5 Wait Events
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Wait % Total
Event Waits Time (cs) Wt Time
-------------------------------------------- ------------ ------------ -------
direct path write 304,867 35,925 49.83
log file sync 145,015 23,441 32.52
db file sequential read 11,370 3,684 5.11
file open 981 3,326 4.61
db file parallel write 1,893 3,115 4.32

You'll notice that 'direct path write' is the most expensive one in the list. I cannot find enough info on the net about this wait event, therefore I'm asking the real experts.

What events in Oracle trigger this wait event? In what way is this event different from "db file parallel write"?
I mostly read comments that suggest lots of sorting and parallallel queries. However, most sorts are done in memory and degree = 0 for all tables.

Any suggestions are very welcome.

Thanks,
Hans de Git

MSN Zoeken, voor duidelijke zoekresultaten! http://search.msn.nl