Jared, David, Listers,

Another very useful method that I have used in the
past is the Ratio Modeling Technique. It is a
low-precision method, but it is better than
no-precision. Craig Shallahamer et al., wrote a paper
on it within the Oracle context. I am sure there are
many more out there, but I wanted to mention this,
just in case you have not seen it. If you do a Google
search on the keyword "Ratio Modeling Technique", you
should get it.

Cheers,

Gaja

=====