Lifetouch, Inc.

Sent: Tuesday, August 05, 2003 5:19 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L
auxi

>  I would be interested how other sites that rely on RMAN handle this
issue.

I for one, don't use RMAN for that.  It's too much work.

There's a separate project for verifying backups.

The databases I'm called on to duplicate have lately been 400-500
gigs, more than I want to pull from tape unless absolutely necesssary.

It's much faster to plug two servers into a gigabit switch and
copy the files across a private network at approx 100 gigabytes
per hour.

Jared

DENNIS WILLIAMS <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]