We had 45 minutes on our UPS which handles our
routers, switches, firewall, phone system, 1 RS6000
(dual processor), and 5 Windows 2000 servers.

We waited 10 minutes to find out what was going on,
all the while shutting down non-essential servers.
Then we proceeded to perform a graceful shutdown of
all our systems. No backups were performed,
unfortunately.

Now power is back up but we have rotating blackout
situations. So the production managers/CEO would like
to bring up the essential servers, but I wouldn't risk
that without fully charging the UPS power cells. Then
at the end of production day (if we are still up), I
will be shutting down the system, in case of blackouts
during the night. I wouldn't expect things to be back
to normal until Tuesday, or later.

If anyone else has any suggestions about what I can
do, please let me know.

HTH,
Saira

As soon as lights went out