 obj$ which determines the next

 object id to be created. It shouldn't

 be seen in DBA_OBJECTS. The fact that

 it is seen in ALL/USER_OBJECTS is a

 bug, 691329 fixed in 8.1.7.

 It will not harm anything.

 Rick

                      Rudy Zung

                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]        To:       Multiple recipients of list
ORACLE-L <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                      com>                     cc:

                      Sent by:                 Subject:  What is _NEXT_OBJECT

                      [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                      .com

                      08/18/2003 02:49

                      PM

                      Please respond to

                      ORACLE-L

I recently had to install a couple of things to my 817 database
so that I could get UTL_SMTP. I ran <ORACLE>\javavm\install\initjvm.sql
and <ORACLE>\rdbms\admin\initplsj.sql as SYS and then followed up
by use ALTER <objectType> to recompile all invalid objects.

The only thing I have left is a object of name _NEXT_OBJECT of the
type NEXT OBJECT, which has an N/A status. Googling for this
gave me http://www.experts-exchange.com/Databases/Oracle/Q_20082312.html
which was someone who was having some problems with his
database and his _NEXT_OBJECT. I, however, don't seem to be
suffering any visible ill-effects so far.

What is this thing, and how do I fix it (and I don't really
want to do a re-imprt per the experts-exchange web page.)

Author: Rudy Zung