7:24-sherlock:ts01:jkstill-0 > oerr ora 1422
01422, 00000, "exact fetch returns more than requested number of rows"
// *Cause: The number specified in exact fetch is less than the rows
returned.
// *Action: Rewrite the query or change number of rows requested

07:25:43 sherlock - [EMAIL PROTECTED] SQL>
07:25:43 sherlock - [EMAIL PROTECTED] SQL> drop table x;

Table dropped.

07:25:44 sherlock - [EMAIL PROTECTED] SQL>
07:25:44 sherlock - [EMAIL PROTECTED] SQL> create table x
07:25:44   2  as
07:25:44   3  select table_name
07:25:44   4  from user_tables
07:25:44   5  /

Table created.

07:25:44 sherlock - [EMAIL PROTECTED] SQL>
07:25:44 sherlock - [EMAIL PROTECTED] SQL> declare
07:25:44   2          y x.table_name%type;
07:25:44   3  begin
07:25:44   4          select table_name into y from x;
07:25:44   5  end;
07:25:44   6  /
declare
*
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-01422: exact fetch returns more than requested number of rows
ORA-06512: at line 4

Author: Jared Still