Title: RE: time/date granularity
You can't even store sub second precision values in date datatype. Use timestamp instead (9i) or some custom format. In 8i you can have a java class which returns you date with high enough precision.

Tanel.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, August 22, 2003 8:44 PM
Subject: RE: time/date granularity

The issue at hand is this:

There is a column, setup_date that is populated by a trigger with sysdate after insert. Now the developers want to know if there is a way they can get the time of this date to a granularity of 10ths or 100ths of a second.

If I insert sysdate, can I then extract the centisecond or decisecond of that date/time?

Make sense?

Thanks