Hi listers,

Assume that there are two instances in Oracle. Both instances are on different machines and different Oracle versions. There is a table on first instance. Any update on this table should invoke stored procedures on the second instance. This should be real time based. Options we looked at are

1. Trigger on the table invoking the procedures of the other instance

2. Using dbms_alert

3. Some kind of polling mechanism

Triggers we would like to avoid. Options we are left with are dbms_alert and polling mechanism.

Is it possible to use dbms_alert in this case? If yes how?

Can you think of some kind of polling mechanism which will satisfy the need of real time communication? Updates on the table is done at a very fast rate, hence processing should also be at a fast rate.

Any help in this regard is very much appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,

Ranganath

MailFiler [RK-FM8B9B3]