Stephen,

I was using CHAR for the LONG column.... the error is actually on the
field in the file FOLLOWING the LONG column... I was getting a message
that the data was too large. So I did the following and it seems to be
working, although I can't get it to work via direct path this way:

I changed the column in the Oracle table to CLOB
I changed the definition of the column in the ctl file to
char(100000000)

The column separator was X'001' and the end of record marker was
X'002'. I had been translating them both, the 001 to a tab and the 002
to a newline. I translate only the end of record marker now and define
the column separator as X'1' in the ctl file.

So far, it's working. Of course, it's slow as molasses, and this is a
column which we DON'T NEED but then again... it's the Friday before a
long weekend. I just want to get it to work, I'll make it pretty and
fast later

Rachel

http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com
Author: Rachel Carmichael