I will apply this for our production database because recently we are experiencing several unexpected failures on poor disks. Thanks for all of your replies!
Jin

On Fri Aug 29 12:14:26 EDT 2003, DENNIS WILLIAMS <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Jin
You have received several good replies. One question I have for you is
whether you simply want to do this once (like to create a test database), or
continuously (to create a standby database)?

Dennis Williams
DBA, 80%OCP, 100% DBA
Lifetouch, Inc.
[EMAIL PROTECTED] -----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, August 28, 2003 5:34 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L

Hi Greetings,

I have such a plan but not sure if it is feasible. Please help!
I install oracle server on two different machine (say A and B). In general, we run on one instance on server A. If we met any problem on server A, we copy all data files, control files and redo files plus spfile<SID>.ora to server B. Can server B startup that instance?

Is there any restriction on this plan? or it is totally impossible? Would you please advise why?

Thanks alot!
Jin
btw, they both are Solaris.

-- Please see the official ORACLE-L FAQ: http://www.orafaq.net