Lifetouch, Inc.

Sent: Thursday, September 04, 2003 9:49 AM
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L

Ive just started digging into these. Im familiar with Java and C, though Im
hardly an expert. It appears that java stored procedures are much easier to
use and far more forgiving than C based external procedures.

So then I started looking for functionality that external procedures have
over java and I cant find any. Since I cant find any, I dont see any reason
to spend time learning how to use them.

so my question is, are there things you can do with external procedures that
you cant do with java?

Author: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Author: DENNIS WILLIAMS