Hi all,

we have a couple of huge tables and we  have some performance problems while creating indexes. Here are some methods we already have tried, is there something else:

Here's the list of features we already know:

- Using NOLOGGING mode

- Using PARALLEL option => PARALLEL 4 (the server has 4 CPU's)

- Using NOSORT option => not applicable because the rows are not stored in the right order

- Creating an index first as unusable and then rebuilding it => this was tested after the QA cutover but the duration remained unchanged

- Increasing sort_area_size => has not yet been tested

Something else, any help will be appreciated...

rgds

Want to chat instantly with your online friends? Get the FREE Yahoo! Messenger